Barista Skills Foundation (SCA)
Barista skills foundation course focuses on the key skills required a Barista behind the espresso bar. For instance, how to set a grinder, make espresso and foam, but also implementing health and safety practices and customer service. There are no Prerequisites but Introduction to Coffee course is recommended.
In detail, at Barista Skills Foundation you will learn about:
- Coffee beans and different species
- The influence of roast degree and freshness
- Coffee equipment - Safe use of espresso machine and grinder
- Espresso process - grind and tamping techniques
- Espresso recipes and sensory analysis
- Milk temperature and foaming techniques
- Water quality and impact on brew and machine function
- Espresso based menu
- Clean and organized workspace
- Safe and Hygienic Work Practices
- Customer service and cafe management
Let's say Barista skills foundation level provides a first taste of the barista skills module. Not only it's a great way to get insight into coffee but also helps you decide if you want to go on to learn more.
Seminar includes practical and written exams. If you succeed in both, you will receive the SCA Certification of the Specialty Coffee Association.
You will receive a Create notebook and a pencil to keep notes!
Note: You will need to carry a Covid-19 Certificate (Vaccine) or a Covid-19 Certificate (Disease). Otherwise, you need to demonstrate a negative Rapid or PCR Test result up to 48 hours before.
For your reservation there is a possibility of 50% deposit. For more information contact us at email@example.com